Having the Race Talk | The M4 Show Ep. 109
How do you have the race talk? A conversation no parent wants to have but every Black Parent must have with their children. This episode of The M4 Show will talk about family, race, and building wealth.
Listen to the Full Episode Here
2:17 Did You Know (Emotional Stress)
4:14 Did You Know (Black Text/ Heavy Tax Right)
7:22 Importance of Authentic Self (Self Love)
13:25 Loving your Queen (Wife)
18:43 Building a Business as One Unit and One Family
23:12 Facing up Racist Incidents
30:02 Creating Worksheets around Race and Racism (Racial Definition Worksheet)
32:05 Racism, White Supremacy, White Normality and Microaggressions
36:53 Black Power and Joy
49:58 Respecting a Person’s Identity and Recognizing their Identity
1:00:05 Building a Strong Family
1:05:30 Strategy for Building Wealth
- Did You Know that emotional stress sends chemical signals to your body that triggers a physical stress response?
- It’s important for you to be able to be your authentic self.
- Learn what you want to do, take classes and mentorships
- You need to put in the work in your business
- Find the people who share the same vision with you
- Use your resources properly (time, money & effort)
- Make sure your values align with your brand
- The work really starts with knowing what you're talking about
- Most people don't have working definitions for these terms: (racism, white supremacy, white normality, and microaggressions)
- The idea of black power and joy automatically incites the belief that we are anti-other identity.
- Don’t assume anyone’s sexual identity. It’s for them to decide that.
- Family strategy for building wealth:
- The family has to understand the mission.
- everybody has to understand what their role is at that moment or in those moments or in the timeline or whatever the goal is.
- What is your good work right and doing it in a time that is for free until you can get paid for it?
“It’s important that you are able to be your authentic self.” – Dar Mayweather
“you need to know yourself, know what you want, and know what you're trying to do; but then also you gotta go do it.” – Dar Mayweather
Launch It community: www.launchitcommunity.com
True Health 4ever @truehealth4ever
Play Black Wall Street @playblackwallst
Play Black Wall Street The Board Game www.playblackwallstreet.com
Free 30 Min Health Coaching Sessions https://www.truehealth4ever.com/
Black History Adventures of Rose and Rodney: Greenwood and Tulsa's
Black Wall Street Kindle Edition https://www.amazon.com/Black-History-Adventures-Rose-Rodney/dp/1736842722
Under Construction Booklet – www.truehealth4ever.com
For Coaching Reach Us at:
Queen2Queen - https://www.queen2queencoaching.com/
Health Coaching @theeehealthnerd (via Instagram)
Business Coaching @devontruvel (via Instagram)