True Health 4ever Podcast Ep. 2 Starting Your Health Journey
Listen to the Full Episode Here
They say getting started is often the hardest part— the good news is you don't have to do it alone, we’ve got your back. In this episode, we talk about making things happen. Find out what you need to do to get started with your own health journey. Hear us share how we shifted our lifestyles and made diet changes that stuck. Be sure to listen to part 2 where we dive into our list of actionable first steps.
“If you look at the people in your circle and you don't get inspired, then you don't have a circle. You have a cage.”
- Nipsey Hussle
- Our experience getting started on our respective health journeys.
- The small changes we made that can have big impacts on health.
- The ways changing routine can affect your fitness levels.
- The challenge and opportunities that come with being on a different journey from friends and family.
- [00:51] Intro
- [03:04] Sinclair’s Start on her Health Journey
- [06:28] De'von's Start on his Health Journey
- [10:43] Barriers to Progress
- [12:36] A look at Mindset-Freshman 15 & Adulting 20
- [15:17] Weight Isn't The Only Health Indicator
- [16:59] When The People Around You Aren't On The Same Page
- [22:39] Suggestions for moving forward
- [22:58] Outro- Look out for Part 2
- "Wherever you notice the biggest issues is probably a good place to start your journey." - Sinclair
- "You starting your own health journey and being brave enough to share your experience and your knowledge with your family and with your friends could encourage other people to make that switch.” -De’Von Truvel
Find | True Health 4 Ever